A Chicago man was arrested early Thursday after calling police to report that three men had entered his apartment, located just west of DePaul University‘s Lincoln Park campus, and robbed him of two pounds of marijuana, in addition to his laptop.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Max Fleck, 20, of the 1500 block of West Fullerton Avenue,contacted police around 12:40 a.m. to report that he and a 19-year-old male companion had been robbed. Fleck was reportedly hit in the face while his companion was struck in the head with a bottle by the individuals who robbed them.
When police arrived, they found narcotics in his apartment and arrested him on four separate charges — two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance and two counts of possession of cannabis, the Sun-Times reported.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Fleck and his friend had invited one of the three men who made off with the weed and a laptop into their apartment earlier in the evening. Fleck reportedly declined medical attention after paramedics arrived and was due in bond court later Thursday.
- Couple busted for $33,000 worth of marijuana (smokesomething.wordpress.com)
- REALLY STUPID PEOPLE part 2 (smokesomething.wordpress.com)
- Chicago Cop Catches Baby Thrown At Him By Alleged Kidnapper (smokesomething.wordpress.com)
- This Happened: Max Fleck Calls Cops to Report Pot Theft, Gets Arrested (blippitt.com)
- Man calls police to report pot theft (boingboing.net)
- Feds Bust $6M Marijuana Operation On State Land (smokesomething.wordpress.com)